With Paris right around the corner I have been day dreaming of the perfect items to pack in my suitcase for strolls in the South of France, patisseries in Provance and taking in the sites day to day. As an American girl in Paris I want to be sure I achieve the perfect balance of Parisian Chic and All-American Street Style. Since I don’t want to break the bank before I get to the City of Light I am trying to stretch my budget with as much style savvy as I can muster! Here are some of the chic finds I have found so far, à bientôt!
1. Statement T- One of the staples in my wardrobe year round because they go with everything from jeans to pencils skirts. Make your own out of an old T, or pick one up at H&M!
2. A Tribal Clutch- These babies are super colorful and just scream summer! I was lucky to find one on my weekly vintage excursion that was handmade in Bali but you can get the same look at Nordstrom.
3. Pleated Skirt- While Cher hates pleated skirts that doesn’t mean you have to! There are some really fun options out there that are way too cool for school! I found plenty of options at Nordstrom, this is one of my faves!
4. Hippie Sandals- Yes, I said hippie sandals. I am not going to try and sell you on the fact that I absolutely loved these things since grade school…in fact I pretty much shuddered every time I saw them. But when I saw these metallic babies at Target I instantly thought of 4-5 really cool ways to wear them, and they earned a place in my closet. (Plus they were only $30, so if I regain my sanity I won’t be mad that I dropped a ton of cash.)
5. Statement Necklace- Forget 2 chains, how about 10?! I love the look of delicate layered necklaces, but I also love statement necklaces…so this necklace from Windsor was a great compromise!