Summer is one of my all-time favorite seasons for food, and yes, I realize that for a Fitness Blogger, I really like food. #dontjudgeme 🙂
I do take the keto bhb capsules to maintain various aspects of my health, but I also love having mouth-watering food. And prefer home-cooked food than buying them at a deli.
After a good workout, there is nothing more ethereal than an evening filled with good music, a crisp glass of Rosé, and a leafy green salad mixed with berries, grilled chicken, and goat cheese – sounds yummy right?!
It also seems waaaaay easier, to eat healthier in the summer because so many easy-to-prep fruits and veggies are available at arms length, making it the perfect time to adopt a more wholesome way of eating.
If you follow me on Snapchat (@chicinasnap), you will constantly see fun new healthy eats I’m trying in the kitchen, and have had requests to start sharing the how-to love! So…
To kick things off, I am sharing my 5 favorite combos for a summer salad you can really sink your teeth into:
- Kale + Grilled Chicken + Goat Cheese + Blueberries/Strawberries + Candied Walnuts + Vinaigrette*
- Kale + Grilled Chicken + Cherry Tomatoes + Feta + Vinaigrette + Sunflower Seeds + Vinaigrette
- Kale + Grilled Chicken + Avacado + Tomato + Mozzarella + Mandarin Oranges + Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Kale + Grilled Chicken + Mango/Pineapple + Tortilla Strips + Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Kale + Grilled Chicken + Black Beans + Corn + Avacado + Tortilla Strips + Spicy Ranch Dressing ( or if you are being SUPER healthy just do the Vinaigrette + add lime )
*To make the vinaigrette >> take a jar with a lid you can shake like a mo-fo, and add:
3 parts of oil to every 1 party of balsamic vinegar, add preferred kind of mustard to taste ( I usually put about 2 tbs) – then add any spices you want like salt and pepper – shake and enjoy (p.s. you can store is in the fridge and you look like a total #boss because your dressing isn’t store bought!)
BTW – You can sub in arugula spinach, as well as any kind of protein – but to keep things easy, and since I make my morning smoothies with Kale, I tend to just buy it in bulk!
Enjoy, and don’t forget to comment with summer salads and healthy recipes YOU like to make – I am always looking for new foods to try, and feature!